Our success in the market, both with consumers and device manufacturers, our ambitious roadmap for SwiftKey and an exciting vision for further applications of our language inference technology, has led to the need to grow our core software engineering team.
This is where we develop our market leading Android keyboard, and the underlying language processing technology that makes it unique. Our talented team of software engineers are tackling interesting and challenging problems, utilising state-of-the-art tools and technologies, together with techniques from the fields of machine learning and natural language processing – an environment where innovation is the norm.
We’re looking for engineers at all levels who can thrive in this environment. You may be experienced and successful in software product development with a track record with a market leader, or you may be starting out in your career with nothing behind you but a good degree and a justifiable belief that you can mix it with the best. Wherever you are on the experience spectrum, if you’ve got what we’re looking for we want to hear from you.
So what are we looking for? As many of the following as possible:
- Solid software development experience using Java and/or C++
- Experience developing software products, applications, platform components, across all phases of the development cycle
- Experience of mobile platforms, preferably Android but could include Windows Phone, iOS, Symbian OS and others, or development for other constrained environments
- Agile, iterative development
- Test Driven Development
- Knowledge/experience/interest in Scala, Clojure or other functional programming languages
- Experience/interest in natural language processing.
- Experience/interest in IMEs, particularly Chinese text entry
- You’ll know what’s going on in the broader field of software development; you’re a professional who believes in keeping your skills and knowledge up to date.
SwiftKey is an innovative tech start-up that creates world class language technology. Our approach and our core technology are based on the application of principles from artificial intelligence – machine learning and natural language processing. The SwiftKey keyboard app for Android devices transforms the typing experience, delivering first rate error correction, word completion and next word prediction. The smart keyboard learns your personal writing style and typing characteristics, helping you to type faster.
Our vision is to apply this technology to a wide range of challenging real-world language problems, achieving lasting market leadership and changing people’s lives for the better. Market recognition of SwiftKey’s unique benefits and success in the consumer market has led to huge levels of interest in our technology from device manufacturers, platform vendors and vertical market software suppliers – leading to numerous licensing and integration opportunities. These opportunities, together with our own product roadmap and plans to address further application areas, have resulted in a need to grow our team – primarily in the areas of product development and professional services.
More about our culture
You’ll be joining a world class team of research and development professionals who are pushing the state of the art. A team that thrives on solving difficult problems in software engineering and language processing, utilizing the latest tools and technologies, and producing elegant and highly usable solutions for a range of users and partners. A team that is passionate about its work and its technology and products, about leading the market and about establishing lasting mutually beneficial partnerships with industry partners and licensees. A team made up of highly talented individuals who learn from, and support, one another.
If this sounds like an environment you’d thrive in and feel you can contribute to, take a look at our jobs board.
Unless specified otherwise, all positions are based at our London office in Southwark, near Borough underground station – however we support flexible working arrangements where practicable.
This job posting is for London
- A dynamic start-up environment in which everyone makes a difference
- Competitive annual leave – 25 days’ leave rising to 30 with five years’ service
- Competitive salary and remuneration package including share options
- Salary-sacrifice pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers – tax efficient childcare vouchers to help with childcare costs
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working
- Device voucher – £500 to spend on the device(s) of your choice
- Family friendly policies and a baby bonus – £1000 to help with the costs of your new arrival
- Copious free food and drinks
- Personal Productivity Voucher – £100 for you to spend on enhancing your workspace
- Innovation Days – time to spend on whatever project or idea you like
- Career progression and development