We have a new SwiftKey Cloud Beta available for you all to try out – this addresses a number of the issues that have been reported by our amazing VIPs.
To get the new Beta, just tap on the links below from your phone or tablet and it will immediately start to download.*
Please download these APKs and leave us your feedback on our VIP Community – your comments can help shape the future of SwiftKey.
To recap, SwiftKey Cloud beta brings a host of new features including:
1. Backup & Sync: The words and phrases that matter to you will now be securely backed up and seamlessly synced across your devices. If your phone or tablet gets an upgrade, or gets lost or stolen, there is no longer any need to teach SwiftKey the people, places and things you mention most as you type.
2. Trending Phrases: Our technology will now analyze Twitter and local news sources to sift out the most relevant daily discussions and trending topics. It’s launching first for English (AU, US & UK), Arabic, Dutch, French (FR), German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese (PT & BR), Russian, Spanish (ES & LA), Swedish, and Turkish with support for more languages on the way.
3. Enhanced Personalization: We’re making it easier than ever for SwiftKey to learn from your writing style. Gmail and Facebook personalization can be authorized in just one click and we’ve also added Yahoo! Mail, with more sources on the way.
Thanks very much for helping us to make SwiftKey the best keyboard on Android.
* Some users have reported that Chrome’s bandwidth management setting interferes with the download process. You can disable this by going to Settings -> Bandwidth Management, or simply tap on the link using another browser.
Full changelog and known issues for 22.214.171.124
- Now possible to personalize from a second Gmail account before personalizing from an earlier one has finished
- Fix for crash when starting Gmail personalization
- Increased responsiveness of Flow predictions (this should reduce the likelihood of the flowed word prediction changing right at the last second)
- Handcent and Hangout Emoji entry fixed
- Language models no longer backed up via Android back up if you have SwiftKey Cloud backup and sync enabled (this should save on network and battery usage)
- Further fixes for crashes in the Cloud preferences
- Disabled predictions in Pleco where requested
- Removed SwiftKey account details from the Android Settings, as these were confusing when you had multiple installs side-by-side
- If you re-add a word that you previously removed from predictions, it will not always get re-added across all your synced devices
- The showerhead Emoji in GoSMS messes up input
- Spanish inverted ? not visible on plain QWERTY keyboard when Spanish is loaded
- Popup accented characters missing after changing layout or language settings
- Prediction bar too small in landscape mode
- SwiftKey reluctant to replaced a mistyped bottom row character with a space (e.g. ‘Hibthere’ will not get corrected to ‘Hi there’)