Thanks very much for all of your feedback on the new SwiftKey “Layouts for Living”. Less than a week later, we already have an update for you. This update fixes a number of bugs reported by our VIPs, and adds a number of languages that were missing from the previous beta.
SwiftKey Beta 220.127.116.11 free download link
Tap on this link on your phone or tablet and it will immediately start to download.
We’ve dubbed this update ‘Layouts for Living’ because we think it’ll help you get more from your mobile devices, regardless of the context you’re typing in. It’s a complete rethink on how you present your keyboard — allowing you to “undock” it from the base of the screen, resize it and present it in a compact, split thumb-typing or regular way.
We look forward to hearing your feedback on our VIP Community, where you can play an active role in shaping SwiftKey’s future.
See you there,
The SwiftKey Team
Changes in this version:
- Moving between 3, 4 and 5 row layouts should now work
- Keyboard will no longer jump around when unlocking your home screen
- Currency key is now correct for your phone’s locale
- We now have Punjabi, Icelandic, Bulgarian, Azerbaijani, Russian Windows and Turkish layouts
- Docked compact layout now remembers if it should be on the left or right
- Keyboard undocking will not work on devices running Gingerbread and Froyo. This is due to limitations in the OS, and we will not be able to resolve this.
- Candidate bar disappears when switching to/from BT/hard keyboard
- Candidate bar covers text field when using BT/hard keyboard
- If you hit “personalize” after installing but did not sign up to SwiftKey Cloud, you get a force close
- Some combinations of size and mode can resize beyond screen limit (so not all the keyboard will be shown)
- If you have “show arrow keys” selected, they will only show when the keyboard is docked (not when it is floating)
- Pitch theme sometimes show a white background when flowing
- The following keyboards are currently unavailable: Arabic, Georgian, Russian Phonetic, Svorak, Tamil, Albanian, Qwertz_Serbian and Ukrainian
- Lag when opening Languages page of Settings menu
- Force close when downloading a language pack after changing orientation
- Heatmap is not working
- Keystrokes saved stat is not working
- Problems with the floating (undocked) thumb (split) keyboard
- 1 – Smart punctuation key shows different order and doesn’t allow to select the rightmost character (comma)
- 2 – Dragging with two fingers (one on each tab) can cause the panes to snap together in the middle
- 3 – Only shows one pane on Sony Xperia ST21i